Emergency numbers

In emergency situations, you can contact the local police, ambulance service, fire department and other emergency services by calling 999.

Lost passport

If you lose your passport, make a ‘lost report’ at the nearest police station (call the Police Hotline 2527 7177 for locations or refer to their website to find a Report Room). Then contact your Consulate consulate to have your passport replaced.

Lost or stolen wallet

If your wallet or valuables are lost or stolen, please notify your hotel immediately and report the theft to police. Keep a separate record of your credit card numbers and report the loss to your card issuers as quickly as possible. Please check with your credit card issuers or insurance company for emergency assistance. Most issuers have toll-free numbers and 24-hour services to deal with such emergencies.

Credit Cards
Lost or stolen wallet
Contact Numbers

Emergency Police, Fire and Ambulance
Tel: 999

Police Crime HotlineTel: 2527 7177

Hong Kong Immigration Department (report lost HKID)+852 2824 6111